Videsi Short Stories - Battle In The Dark

BATTLE IN THE DARK

It’s 8 degrees outside, the cold is chilling down the spine. I switched off the lights and ducked in to my blanket. Immediately the shutters on my eyes moved down swiftly with out permission. Its dark, it’s deafening, it’s void. May be it is the most pleasant experience I have ever felt. In not more than few seconds the deafening silence got breached leaving eyes still closed.

From one side of the room entered a gigantic personality. Walking slowly around the bed like a robot & looking sharply like a knife he looked like the great warrior ‘Alexander’. Bending gently towards me he whispered “A person is identified not by the intellect, not by the knowledge, only by his achievements”. “Fine, but who are you?” I interrupted. “The Achiever, the Performer, the Winner. What else do u want?” After stopping for a second the giant continued “The tree in the woods is surviving, the rock on the hill is surviving and you are surviving. Don’t you think you are different from them Mr. Survivor?”. I replied “Of course I am different, but what do you want to say now?”.
“Simple, in the world of competency only the victor exists and the loser diminishes. You see the tree dies, the rock diminishes and even you. But I want you to be ‘A History after you die.’” I again interrupted quoting “My conscience firmly stands for knowledge, no matter other’s recognizing it or not” to result in a strong reply from the powerful “You are wrong, live for pride & die for pride because this is what remains forever.” I just nodded almost giving up to the argument.

“Excuse me, if you allow I would like to make a point here, Mr. Winner” Entered a thin personality with a low pitched voice. Shrewd in the voice & brisk in the motion the person looked similar to ‘Einstein’. “Well, winning and loosing are relative similarly pride and humility are relative”. If you remember the theory of relativity the same object appears as different in other dimension. The action that is considered as win by some body is a loss for some other, the results that are pride for some body are humiliating for some other. Remember the action is the same. Sorry for interrupting Mr. Intelligent I added “If there is no win & no pride what for should I work and gain knowledge”. The Brilliant said “As you work on a subject and show your acumen, it is considered as win by many people and Pride by so many others. These are Byproducts of your knowledge. So why to worry about them. It is the knowledge & intelligence that drives you to perfection. No matter what the world thinks your knowledge remains & carries forever.”. “Yes, he is right, I must agree” subconscious mind answered with out waiting for my question.

“Those who were arguing here might not have known what spirituality is” a pleasant voice rose from the abyss. The person with bliss in his eyes & with the aura around his head he appeared like the Maharshi ‘Vishwa Mithra’. who understood the essence of living. “Knowledge, stupid ness, winning, loosing every thing is materialistic & when you are running behind a materialistic thing you will end up in blues”. “So you want me to leave my job, my life every thing” I questioned immediately. “My dear son, the daily activities, the job and the so called life style did ever give you the happiness to make you the happiest on earth”. I thought for a while and replied “No”. “If you check back why you were not the happiest and What for you are doing all these earthly activities, you will know the answer”. “The reason behind your rat race is happiness, which you will never find through your racing”. I couldn’t talk any thing.

The light was irresistibly bright for few seconds, taking me to the sweetest female voice I have ever heard. Trying to locate the voice, I looked up with dazzled eyes to find a lady coming down from heavens offering one hand to me. Draped in a white piece of cloth she took my help to rest herself on the floor. “I am the goddess of love, they call me Venus” she answered my stares. “The beauty does not stay only in the appearance, but also in the inner self. The one who explores this will find love” continued the angel. Trying a lot to speak out, and suffering like a dumb man I managed to speak out “what for, what for this love is”. “Love is absence of hate, when you spread love u r making the world beautiful and the world where there is no hate its heaven” the stunner concluded. Slowly the angel came close and kissed on my fore head and said “spread love, spread divinity”. This time I couldn’t think to decide if she’s right or wrong.

After few minutes I started analyzing the personalities & for me every body seemed right in their concepts. Still the personified thoughts of the abstract qualities continued arguing to prove their superiority over others. Being lost in the discussions, for me it appeared like ‘Geniuses Battling in the dark’.

Suddenly all the great personalities disappeared as the kid jumped on me shouting “mamu, mamu get up mamu, get up”. I drowsily opened my eyes to end yet another undecided battle. Now it’s 18 degrees out side.


===============================================================
Please feel free to leave your comments to the author below
===============================================================

Comments

Unknown said…
good one..u have a thought .. try to convert it into a novel/book!
Anonymous said…
Alright I get your point, but as per the Bhagavad Gita,all personalities must co-exist.See, one has to work and live life while working because one has a responsibility to one's family.Unless you are a sanyasi, you can not say I will not work.One can not find true happiness simply by working and acheiving success in the form of promotions and hikes. One has to surrender to God, whatever work one does.A sure way to find happiness is to feel neither pride when one gets a promotion nor humiliated when one does not.As you walk along this path of surrendering every accomplishment of yours to God,you will find yourself slowly surrendering your whole self also to God and only then will you be at peace with the whole world and your existence.With that peace of mind, you will be filled with love and will also be able to spread love to one and all.
-Sandhya

Popular posts from this blog

Vidhata Talapuna Lyrics (Meaning & Translation)

Adi Bikshuvu Lyrics (Meaning & Translation)

Aura Amma Kachella Lyrics (Meaning & Translation)